The first Episcopal service was held in Vermillion in 1860. In 1864, the first Mission Church was established in Vermillion by Rev. Hoyt. In 1881 the church was moved from below the bluff to Church Street near Vermillion’s first school house. A new church was built in 1889 on High Street, north of the present court house. In 1893, the church was moved to Dakota Street, the present location of the west wing of Julian Hall, and subsequently sold to the University in 1947. The present St. Paul’s was built in 1950 and dedicated in 1951. It has continued to serve the community on a daily basis since then. Read more about our history here!